DIP 1024---Shared Atomics---Accepted

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 11:41:06 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 8:35 PM Walter Bright via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 1/2/2020 11:31 PM, Manu wrote:
> > Okay, although I don't really understand; if we have accepted the
> > feature, but we don't enable the feature... then nobody will use it,
> > and no code will be written that's compatible.
> > This kinda seems like a future-acceptance?
> > Nobody enables `-preview`s.
>
> Those who need it (you!) will use it. That's what matters.

We've already had this -preview for quite a while; I have enabled it
in an experimental context, but I don't tend to write and deploy code
that depends on future-features. I stick to the current language when
writing code I intend to share.
Do you have some sense of when we will make this part of the language?
The DIP is accepted, but it didn't describe that it would be enabled
at some future time...?