DIP 1024---Shared Atomics---Accepted

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 06:17:20 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 2:15 PM Walter Bright via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 1/3/2020 3:41 AM, Manu wrote:
> > We've already had this -preview for quite a while; I have enabled it
> > in an experimental context, but I don't tend to write and deploy code
> > that depends on future-features. I stick to the current language when
> > writing code I intend to share.
> > Do you have some sense of when we will make this part of the language?
> > The DIP is accepted, but it didn't describe that it would be enabled
> > at some future time...?
>
> You shouldn't be reluctant to use preview switches. It's only that way to ease
> the transition for people, not because we're going to withdraw it.

Well it was a preview for an unaccepted DIP, so it could have been
withdrawn. I guess I have increased confidence now, but it still seems
unnecessary to delay.

> Don't really have a schedule at the moment. It'll likely be at least a year.

A year? That's disappointing. What is the reason to delay this? It
doesn't break anything, and it likely fixes bugs on contact.