Proposal for porting D runtime to WebAssembly

Petar Petar
Tue Jan 7 09:12:25 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 7 January 2020 at 08:17:37 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> On Sunday, 5 January 2020 at 08:24:21 UTC, Denis Feklushkin
> wrote:
>> On Friday, 3 January 2020 at 10:34:40 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
>> wrote:
>>
>>> - reals (probably are going to be unsupported)
>>
>> It seems to me for now they can be threated as double without
>> any problems
>
> Yeah, that is what I have done so far.

I believe that's the best choice even long term. `real` is
supposed to represent the largest natively supported FP type by
the underlying ISA. In WebAssembly that's f64, so there's no need
emulate anything. Of course, people who need wider
integer/fixed/floating types can use third-party libraries for
that.
There are other platforms where D's real type is the same as
double, so I don't see a reason to worry.