Release D 2.090.0

Simen Kjærås simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 12:13:50 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 7 January 2020 at 10:30:09 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> Glad to announce D 2.090.0, ♥ to the 48 contributors.
>
> This release comes with the ability to convert lazy parameters
> to delegates, new intrinsics to force rounding to specific
> floating point precision, unittest builds that no longer
> execute main by default, a new GC.inFinalizer API, and various
> other changes.
>
> http://dlang.org/download.html
> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.090.0.html
>
> -Martin

Something seems to be wrong with the 2.090.0 Windows installer.
After successfully installing, it proceeds to delete every file
it has just added.

Looking closely at how it happens, it seems that it might
actually be caused by the uninstaller deleting itself and the
directory it's in. If I wait long after the previous version has
been uninstalled before clicking 'next', it doesn't happen.

So, how to reproduce:

1) have a previous DMD version installed
2) start the 2.090.0 installer
3) answer yes to uninstalling the previous version
4) quickly finish installing 2.090.0

If you do this with the install folder open in an explorer
window, you should see the files disappearing during the
uninstall of the previous version, until the only item in the D
folder is uninstall.exe. As the new install proceeds more files
and folders will be added, and finally they will all be deleted
again, sometimes leaving an empty folders, other times a partial
installation (I've only once managed to get a partial
installation).

--
   Simen