code.dlang.org downtime

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Jan 10 04:06:28 UTC 2020

On 10/01/2020 4:37 PM, suncarpet wrote:
> If things were to change, I'd like for restrictions on where code is
> hosted and the VCS to be loosened. I may be looking at this very
> naively, however.

You are.

It is an implementation detail, not policy.

To do it 100% generically dub repository will have to understand each
VCS system, check it out and then archive it before shipping it off on
request. Instead of just downloading an archive from the provider.

You may not know this, but in the past the repository has had problems
crashing from doing these updates and then performing downloads (its
been resolved, but it really doesn't have the infrastructure to do it
properly I think).