DIP 1024---Shared Atomics---Accepted

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Sat Jan 11 09:52:46 UTC 2020

On 02/01/2020 09:01, Manu wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 4:45 PM Walter Bright via
> Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 1/1/2020 9:53 PM, Manu wrote:

>>> This has been a long time coming!
>>
>> A New Year's present for all of us!
>
> Quick quick, we need a PR to issue deprecation messages for those
> invalid read/writes! :)

Before making the new semantics the default, the next step should be to
make druntime and phobos compile with the preview-switch. That didn't
seem like a no-brainer to me when I recently tried that (but only for a
couple of minutes), especially with shared being applied to class/struct
declarations.