Visual D 0.51.0 - semantic engine based on dmd frontend

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Jan 21 07:43:35 UTC 2020

On 21/01/2020 00:07, kinke wrote:
> On Monday, 20 January 2020 at 22:10:58 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> That can happen when the semantic analysis asserts and crashes the
>> background process.
>>
>> It works better if you also configure the LDCshared project to define
>> version identifiers MARS and IN_LLVM (separated by a ';' as in
>> "MARS;IN_LLVM"), set the string import path "../ldc/res" and disable
>> warnings for deprecations.
>
> Thx again, now I'm finally getting somewhere! Wrt. earlier,
> dmdserver.exe was still running in the background (but had only consumed
> 3 secs of CPU time and didn't seem to do anything anymore). Btw nice
> that that's a 64-bit executable, lots of memory for huge projects...

I could avoid the crashes with this change to dmd:
https://github.com/rainers/dmd/commit/2b3fc197bd86fc358f349182798d8142f1564177

BTW: Don't miss to enable "Colorize identifiers from semantic analysis"
for more colorful editing. This also helps the debugger a bit by
identifying compile time entities that should not be displayed in a data
tooltip, but the regular one which can show aliases and enum values not
found in the debug information.