Talk by Herb Sutter: Bridge to NewThingia

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Jul 3 18:54:10 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-07-02 at 13:28 +0000, Abdulhaq via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:

[…]
> Herb Sutter is a national treasure, C++ has become bearable, nay
> even useful, under his stewardship and that is really saying
> something....

s/national/international/

Herb's closing keynote at ACCU 2017 was a joy to be in, even as a C++
disliker. The energy he generated in the mostly pro-C++ audience was
astounding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nsyX37nsRs&list=PL9hrFapz4dsMQuBQTnHXogJpMj6L_EQ10

I should add the questions went on for over an hour after the talk. I only
brought it to an end so that people could go home – and the hotel and A/V
staff could clear up. Even then Herb was another 20 or 30 minutes answering
further questions as the room around them was disassembled.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200