Decimal string to floating point conversion with correct half-to-even rounding

9il ilyayaroshenko at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 03:09:48 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 4 July 2020 at 20:35:48 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/21/2020 8:24 AM, 9il wrote:
>> So excited to finally announce we can correctly parse
>> floating-point numbers according to IEEE round half-to-even
>> (bankers) rule like in C/C++, Rust, and others.
>
> Great work! Would you like to add it to dmd?

Thank you! Yes.

It would be very much appreciated to preserve the `mir.`
namespace for the `parse` module, the required `bignum` package*.
Also, whenever the code will be located I would like to have
control over it. Will you agree?

* - `mir.bignum` is 6K LOC and it is expected to grow up to 20K
LOC if finished. The package includes abstract views for big
integers, decimal, and binary FP numbers; stack-allocated big
integers; midsize unsigned integers; software FP numbers with
extended precision.