Decimal string to floating point conversion with correct half-to-even rounding

Petar Petar
Tue Jul 7 18:26:26 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 7 July 2020 at 12:14:16 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> Phobos is the stdlib of the language. Mir is not.

I'm not sure why you point this out. No one is arguing that it
is. On the other hand, it does many things better already.

> Likewise, you've made the std.experimental.allocator on DUB
> depends on mir-core... stdlib shouldn't depend on non-stdlib,
> there isn't anything to debate on this point.

stdx-allocator [1] is not "stdlib" and not meant to be part of
Phobos (the opposite actually). It's a fork of the code in Phobos
made with the obvious intention of doing things differently than
Phobos. If you want to use Phobos, then... use Phobos :D

Actually, mir-core is not a dependency of stdx-allocator in
general, just in V3. You can still use the 2.77.z branch which
doesn't have any dependencies [2]. Many projects do use it.

[1]: https://github.com/dlang-community/stdx-allocator
[2]:
https://github.com/dlang-community/stdx-allocator/blob/2.77.z/dub.sdl