Visual D 1.0.0 released

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:09:40 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 7:05 PM Greatsam4sure via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 8 July 2020 at 01:26:55 UTC, Manu wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 10:00 PM JN via Digitalmars-d-announce <
> > digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> the complete list of changes.

> >> Anyone who uses VisualD and Code-D can compare the two? (Yes,
> >> I know the difference between Visual Studio and Visual Studio
> >> Code).
> >>

> > The difference is night vs day... VisualD is, by far, like
> > REALLY FAR, the
> > most mature and useful IDE and debug environment for D.
> > TL;DR: if you are a D dev, and you use Windows, you should
> > definitely try
> > Visual Studio + VisualD. I for one couldn't work without it!
>

> VodualD is great. I appreciate the people behind it. Great thanks
> to your all.
>
> Setting up visual D is not user friendly. I downloaded
> visualD+dmd+LDC since version 0.52 I could not run ordinary Hello
> World. All kind of errors. I seek help on the learn group several
> times to not help. My experience with visual D is bad.

I've been testing the first-install process for almost 10 years.
I haven't had any problems with first-install for at least 6 years.

Make sure to create bug reports for issues like that; what version of VS
are you using? Are there any non-standard elements to your installation or
dev environment?