Visual D 1.0.0 released

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 12:11:51 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 8 July 2020 at 01:26:55 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 10:00 PM JN via Digitalmars-d-announce <
> digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, 4 July 2020 at 13:00:16 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
>> wrote:
>> > See
>> > https://rainers.github.io/visuald/visuald/VersionHistory.html for the complete list of changes.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Rainer
>>
>> Anyone who uses VisualD and Code-D can compare the two? (Yes,
>> I know the difference between Visual Studio and Visual Studio
>> Code).
>>

> The difference is night vs day... VisualD is, by far, like
> REALLY FAR, the
> most mature and useful IDE and debug environment for D.

That's depends on what you're comfortable with and if you're a
core windows guy... how you use it too.

I would say if you're on Linux/Windows, try VS code, if you're
Windows only and like Visual Studio, then VisualD. The two are
great.

There's others too who're ok with vim, emacs, etc for D. I
believe it depends on how you use it and what you're used to.

But generally I recommend VisualD or Code-d (VS code).