Visual D 1.0.0 released

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 12:06:52 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 9 July 2020 at 08:40:24 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 July 2020 at 00:03:02 UTC, Manu wrote:
>>
>> Not really. VisualD is objectively the most functional and
>> competent
>> IDE/Debugger solution, BY FAR.
>> It's not an opinion, it's a measurable fact.

> Windows really sucks as a dev environment.

Probably Manu and I are arguing from OPPOSITE sides.

Linux as a dev env in itself contributes to 60-70% of the
better-ness over Windows env for development. Its makes sense he
holds such opinion since he's on windows...having to rely on
Visual Studio for everything. Visual Studio as an IDE is pretty
solid though...just not for everyone.

Nevertheless VS Code is pretty good for development. Its not an
IDE BTW. And even then its quite interesting people think of it
as such. D integration is not perfect, but its what most of us
use. I know a lot of people in the community use it. I might as
well say its the most used Code editor on earth.

Nevertheless, VisualD is high quality (not comparing here)...it
makes sense considering the amount of work and yrs put into it.