Release D 2.093.0

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 19:16:29 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 12 July 2020 at 09:04:40 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> Glad to announce D 2.093.0, ♥ to the 54 contributors.
>
> This release comes with a preview for shared variable
> initialization, template instantiation statistics, better
> Windows support of the install.sh script, and higher accuracy
> GC memory options.
>
> http://dlang.org/download.html
> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.093.0.html
>
> -Martin

Thanks to everyone for this release.

I just upgraded a machine to Linux Mint 20 on a fresh install and
tried to run the install script. It fails with
main: line 178: USERPROFILE: unbound variable

This line should only be called on Windows, which I found
strange. It turns out that this is driven by

```
posix_terminal() {
     # If this script is run on Windows cmd by passing it as
argument to bash.exe,
     # the shell level will be 1. If it is run from a POSIX
terminal, it will be > 1.
     if [ "$SHLVL" = 1 ]; then
         false
     else
         true
     fi
}
```

Running `echo $SHLVL` prints `1`

Running
```
bash
echo $SHLVL
```
prints `2`

Running `echo $SHELL` prints `/bin/bash`

The issue seems to be related to an update to Ubuntu 16:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/856532/why-is-shlvl-initially-2-in-ubuntu-16-10-but-not-earlier-versions