tsv-utils 2.0 release: Named field support

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 14:32:27 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 26 July 2020 at 20:28:56 UTC, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm happy to announce a new major release of eBay's TSV
> Utilities. The 2.0 release supports named field selection in
> all of the tools, a significant usability enhancement.
>
> [...]

So I didn't checked it out until today and I'm really impressed
about the documentation, presentation and just about everything.

I personally don't do data science and related stuff, yet.
However I'm sure my data science friend is REALLY going to like
this.

> Unnecessary GC allocation was avoided, but GC was used rather
> than manual memory management. Higher-level I/O primitives were
> used rather than custom buffer management.

Goes to show most of us will do just fine with GC code. Our job
is to learn how to use it well.