Release of std.io v0.3.0

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Fri Jul 31 09:20:57 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 26 July 2020 at 17:09:07 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I have released a minor improvement to std.io [1], which adds
> support for opening the standard handles (stdin, stdout,
> stderr) [2].
>
> In order to make this work, I also had to add a feature to IOs
> that allows you to temporarily use a file descriptor/handle [3].
>
> As of now, it hasn't updated on code.dlang.org, but it should
> be soon.
>
> With this, I'm going to focus next on making an iopipe/io layer
> that can replace write[f]ln and friends.
>
> -Steve
>
> [1] https://code.dlang.org/packages/io
> [2] https://martinnowak.github.io/io/std/io/driver.html
> [3] https://martinnowak.github.io/io/std/io/file/File.this.html

very cool, will this replace std.stdio? Will there be an API
similar to the old one for upgrading?

I know on Windows low level Console output is very different from
File output, is a console API in scope for std.io or would that
rather be a new module? It could also handle code page setup and
console mode and stuff there.