Quick Start for Hunt Framework!

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Wed Jun 3 12:31:20 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 3 June 2020 at 11:50:01 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 June 2020 at 11:05:24 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>>>

>>> Thanks for this.
>>>
>>> We still need a more detail documentation and better
>>> tutorial. For example how do I build my desire ui? Can you
>>> guys not discuss with webfreak to add hunt project to code-d,
>>> so that anyone can just create a hunt project by a single
>>> click?
>>
>> hi, I wanted to add hunt for a while but the project creator
>> is pretty dated code. I would much rather like to remove it
>> from code-d and make a separate more flexible extension for
>> auto generating projects (and update and provide all the
>> templates using an API)
>
> For this scenario the dub skeleton functionality (sub package
> init/init-exec) perfectly fits.
> Just run the dub init command with -t MAIN_PACKAGE
> automatically from code-d.
>
> PS. Unfortunately `init` sub package is not implemented yet,
> but there more sophisticated `init-exec`.
>
> Kind regards
> Andre

Yeah I was thinking of supporting that with the new version, but
because it requires network access to obtain these templates I
would only offer those for library packages and still keep all
the basic templates machine local, bundled with code-d.

I have looked at existing extensions for this. Some didn't want
to provide an API (keep it simple to user folders only) or some
would have required a bigger rewrite to support a useful API.

So I'm just considering to make my own extension for this and
ship it as dependency of code-d so it's auto-installed.