Decimal string to floating point conversion with correct half-to-even rounding

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:53:02 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 21 June 2020 at 15:24:14 UTC, 9il wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> So excited to finally announce we can correctly parse
> floating-point numbers according to IEEE round half-to-even
> (bankers) rule like in C/C++, Rust, and others.

Finally a worthy alternative to Vladimir Panteleevs parser [1]. A
few months back I went looking for a `nothrow` parser that can
handle errors reliably, and I was surprised that I could find
only one that was better than my simple custom-made one.

Can mir_parse handle other bases than decimal?

[1]https://github.com/CyberShadow/ae/blob/master/utils/text/parsefp.d