D GUI Framework (responsive grid teaser)

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Tue Jun 23 17:29:05 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-22 23:56:47 +0000, aberba said:

> Will it be open source? Curious why its not hosted public

We will see...

The main point is, such a thing only lifts off if the quality and
out-of-the-box experience is high enough. I think we don't need an
other project, that might not get any tracktion.

And, if things have a good quality and are used, a project needs a bit
of management. This bit can become quite intensive, especially in the
beginning until enough know-how is build-up by others. And, this
requires that others are picking it up, which needs a good quality...
and the circle closes.

Reality tells us, that most OS projects don't take off. Small libs,
with a narrow scope are a totally different story than a GUI framework.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com