DConf 2020 Canceled

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 20:37:32 UTC 2020

I really wish I didn't have to make this announcement, but in
light of the COVID-19 outbreak and with an abundance of caution,
the D Language Foundation and Symmetry Investments have agreed to
cancel DConf 2020.

Though it's possible that things will have cleared up by June, we
can't be sure that will be the case. We don't want to put members
of the D community at risk if things are not cleared up, or risk
travel disruptions for those who do register and make travel
plans. We decided it's better to cancel earlier rather than later
to minimize the number of people who will need to cancel or
rebook their travel arrangements.

Personally, I was really looking forward to heading to London and
seeing everyone again, but I do agree with the decision. We hope
not many of you will be impacted by the decision and we're
terribly sorry if you are.