DConf 2020 Canceled

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Wed Mar 11 14:04:20 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 10 March 2020 at 18:06:53 UTC, bauss wrote:
> On Sunday, 8 March 2020 at 03:56:35 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
>>  From what i've researched,
>
> You are very misinformed about it, not sure what your sources
> are for your "research" but you've done your research the wrong
> places.

Indeed.

I am aware that people susceptible to conspiracy theories have a
tendency to mistrust experts, but I'll post this very informative
interview with one such expert nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw

Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in
infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor,
McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the
director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy
(CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of
Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a
professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of
Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical
School, all at the University of Minnesota.

Back on topic, cancelling DConf is a good call.

--Bastiaan.