DConf 2020 Canceled

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 20:56:41 UTC 2020

On 3/16/20 4:04 PM, Les De Ridder wrote:
> On Monday, 16 March 2020 at 19:58:20 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone who wants to step up and take charge of it has my support.
>>
>> Same here.
>
> We could use Jitsi[1]. It's video conferencing software that works on
> all common platforms (including browser through WebRTC), and supports
> screen sharing/presentations, it has a recording feature, and it also
> has text chat and moderation features.
>
> [1] https://jitsi.org/

I think I can say that the issues facing us for having an online
conference aren't of a technical nature. There are tons of solutions we
can look at, many of them free.

What we really need is someone who can organize the thing.

I'd definitely be down for attending and/or presenting, but probably not
organizing.

I will say this, I think we should at LEAST have a hackathon on a
Saturday as planned, and just set up a discord server for communication
or use slack (does slack support audio channels?).

-Steve