LDC 1.21.0-beta1

Peter Jacobs peterj at mech.uq.edu.au
Sun Mar 22 22:04:36 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 22 March 2020 at 12:27:51 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Sunday, 22 March 2020 at 12:00:58 UTC, Peter Jacobs wrote:
>> I am seeing a linker error with this beta.  Same compilation
>> works with 1.20.1.
>
> Well, thx for giving it a try, but that's hardly useful (just
> looks like a `kdtree` module not being compiled) - firstly, try
> to check whether that's LDC-specific (i.e., doesn't happen with
> the corresponding DMD version 2.091.0), and if so, please file
> a GitHub issue with reproduction steps.

It was a dependency bug in my build process uncovered by the new
LDC, as Johan suggested.  In my superficial scan of the source
code, I did not find any kdtree module and so was thinking
(incorrectly) that it might be a compiler-supplied module.  Turns
out that it was a module recently added by a colleague.  LDC
1.21.0-beta1 was correct to identify it as missing from the
build.  Interestingly, DMD 2.091.0 built the code without
complaint.

Apologies for the bother but thank you for all of the work on LDC
(and for the gentle replies to my report).