$750 Bounty: Issue 16416 - Phobos std.uni out of date (should be updated to latest Unicode standard)

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Tue May 5 09:05:30 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-04 21:34:27 +0000, rikki cattermole said:

> On 05/05/2020 7:26 AM, notna wrote:
>> Maybe you want to add an additional constraint... It would be great if
>> this would result in a tool, scripts or at least a simple-to-follow
>> to-do (say Wiki?!)... so best case we could use this also for the next
>> updates / releases in the future?!
>
> The reason we can't just grab a newer copy of the unicode database and
> throw it into Phobos is because the format was changed.

Sure, nevertheless, I think it makes sense to have the reproducibility
of the process in mind. Maybe not with a script that lasts for 10
years. But the process, some tools for a specific version, which can be
used as inspiration for upcoming changes.

IMO it makes a lot of sense for D to keep up close with the unicode
development.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com