Hunt Framework 3.0.0 Released, Web Framework for DLang!

Panke tobias at pankrath.net
Fri May 8 13:04:19 UTC 2020

On Friday, 8 May 2020 at 06:41:59 UTC, Jan Hönig wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 05:04:12 UTC, zoujiaqing wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks, but: Some of the files have Apache license, but some
>>> have none. I think you should add a license to the whole
>>> repository that would cover those files that don't have their
>>> own.
>>
>> OK, thanks ;)
>
> I have a somewhat stupid question. I asked it on reddit, but I
> got no answer there.
> I haven't done much with web or networking in general until
> now, thus excuse my ignorance.
>
> What is the difference between hunt and vibe-d?

I can say anything about hunt, but vibe-d is three things:

1. https://github.com/vibe-d/eventcore
This is the core of it and gives you a proactor for async
programming with callbacks. Instead of a blocking 'write(data)'
call you do 'write(data, dlg)' where dlg is a delegate that is
called once the write has finished.

2. https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe-core
Writing non-trivial programs with a bare proactor quickly leads
to callback hell. Far easier is to hide the callback behind
fibers. This is what vibe-core does. Everything runs as a fiber,
which gets suspended on call to eventcore's async interface and
is automatically resumed after the async call finishes.

3. https://github.com/vibe-d/vibe.d
This implements stuff that's useful for web programming on top of
2. HTTP, WebSockets, databases, serialization, stuff like that.