[OT] What do you guys think of dark comedy channel on IT sh.. stuff?

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue May 12 08:35:20 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 07:52:29 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> I find that I can vaguely amusing 100% of the day and I love
> standup comedy...
>
> So I thought maybe I can give it a shot with a youtube channel?
> I already invent a cool personality - think Dirk Gently in
> computer science setting;)
>
> If that seems cool to you shoot me an email, or reply in this
> thread ... I need to the count to have a rough estimate of how
> low the size of my initial audience is..

Just to give you an example of my raw output...

Are you not getting tired of this hopelessly boring OpenSource
scene?
All these 50 shades of JS framework, series. The long and dull
re-runs of all of the web server framework shows. A clone of
this! A copy of that but in Lua compiled to down to shell script.
I hope the guys are giggling to themselves and this is all not
serious in any way. Won't like to offend people, right? Wrong. I
do not care really if something is fundamentally a copy I call it
boring, despite it maybe have some interesting qualities.

With that in mind I'd rather see people flex their brains on hard
problems. Challenges! Just because the hardware is so fast you
you can actually compile Lua to Shell script that transpiles
itself to JavaScript starts the to show rainbows and ponies (with
optional web assembly ray-tracing backend, that however is only
supported on Chrome or Firefox, whatever).

I'm talking about real work folks. Like how many interesting
things can you pack in 32 bit machine word? Are you done making
that list of yours? What about it being agnostic to Big / Little
Endian issues when read from octet stream?
Oh, gets more interesting doesn't it? How about adding a checksum
of sorts, you know count the bits do some bitwise magic to
validate the result in order to detect 1 bit of error creeping in
during the transfer? How it looks if we print the octets as
ASCII? Should keep my terminal settings intact at least when I
pipe it in accidentally ... I could go on and on, but I'd prefer
people to find the things they like the most obviously.

Okay, it quickly gets out of hand and I need to get back to work
I think.