dlang-requests 1.1.0 released

Pavel Shkadzko p.shkadzko at gmail.com
Tue May 12 09:56:44 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 5 April 2020 at 08:59:50 UTC, ikod wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Just a note that dlang-requests ver 1.1.0 released with new
> 'ByLine' interfaces added for get/post/put requests.
>
> range algorithms can be applied to server responses, so that
> simple chain
>
> getContentByLine("https://httpbin.org/anything")
>     .map!"cast(string)a"
>     .filter!(a => a.canFind("data"))
>
> should work.
>
> These calls work lazily so you can apply them to large
> documents.
>
> dlang-requests - HTTP client library, inspired by
> python-requests with goals:
>
> small memory footprint
> performance
> simple, high level API
> native D implementation
>
> https://github.com/ikod/dlang-requests
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/requests
>
> Always waiting for your bugreports and proposals on project
> page.
>
> Best regards!

Very nice to see requests for D.

It is written in README that it has a small memory footprint and
performance but how does it compare against Python version?

I am asking because we have some Python packages using requests
and I wanted to try to rewrite them in D. To avoid ppl raising
eyebrows it would be nice to know a bit more details if possible.