On the D Blog: Lomuto's Comeback

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:14:43 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 14 May 2020 at 13:40:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 5/14/20 9:26 AM, Mike Parker wrote:

> The right way to share something on hackernews is to send
> people to https://news.ycombinator.com/newest and mention the
> time of sharing.

Okay everyone, please use this link or search for "Lomuto's
Comeback" in the search field.

I've been hearing conflicting accounts of this for a while, with
more people telling me it doesn't happen anymore. However, it
seems posts were never flagged as spam for this. Instead, any
upvotes from people coming through direct links *do not count*.
Coupled with the fact that the FAQ still says posts are penalized
for "asking for votes", I'm no longer going to share direct links
to HN articles.

Found multiple sources about it, but this 2015 post lays it all
out and I assume it's still mostly relevant:
https://wiredcraft.com/blog/how-to-post-on-hacker-news/

https://news.ycombinator.com/newsfaq.html