[OT] What do you guys think of dark comedy channel on IT sh.. stuff?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Tue May 19 09:54:38 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 08:35:20 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> On Tuesday, 12 May 2020 at 07:52:29 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
>> I find that I can vaguely amusing 100% of the day and I love
>> standup comedy...
>>
>> So I thought maybe I can give it a shot with a youtube
>> channel? I already invent a cool personality - think Dirk
>> Gently in computer science setting;)
>>
>> If that seems cool to you shoot me an email, or reply in this
>> thread ... I need to the count to have a rough estimate of how
>> low the size of my initial audience is..
>

> Just to give you an example of my raw output...

I remember once I wrote a small sketch based off this PR
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7069

Fortunately for everyone involved, the original has disappeared
into the ether, but to paraphrase that Walter raised a pull
request to merge the and and and or or AST nodes into a logical
logical operator, and the initial rebuttal was that he's used log
log for and and or or or operators for a very (very) long time.
You can see that a 5 minute talk about it practically wrote
itself. :-)