DIP 1028--Make @safe the Default--Formal Assessment

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Thu May 21 16:14:02 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 21 May 2020 at 13:51:34 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> DIP 1028, "Make @safe the Default", has been accepted without
> comment.
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1028.md

"without comment" - even though there were a lot of unaddressed
problems :/

Great! So what's the entire point of this process?
To give people the illusion of progress and participation?

Why we can't we have a technical board where the community can
vote in experts and potentially companies could even buy a seat
for $$$ which would mean a lot more for them than the current
very vague sponsorship options.
I'm aware that Walter doesn't like the idea of giving up
ownership, but it makes all the other people question why they
should still bother with this process and not simply fork and
move to an open, transparent development...