DIP 1028--Make @safe the Default--Formal Assessment

Johannes Loher johannes.loher at fg4f.de
Thu May 21 17:42:52 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 21 May 2020 at 13:51:34 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> DIP 1028, "Make @safe the Default", has been accepted without
> comment.
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1028.md

As others have mentioned, this really is a farce. I understand
that not everybody will be happy with every decision but the fact
that there is not even a comment is just disrespectful towards
all the people that put in a lot of effort to review the DIP. How
can you seriously expect them to continue to do that if you treat
them like this? Don't you think their work is valuable? If not,
why bother with the DIP process at all? It just seems like a
total waste of everybody’s time. I am really disappointed about
this...