DIP 1028--Make @safe the Default--Formal Assessment

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu May 21 22:19:18 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 21 May 2020 at 21:41:53 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> The unfortunate end result of this change is that safety will
> be gutted with all C functions being trusted by default

I'm really sorry, Walter, but I have to agree with Steve on this
point.  This was the one aspect of the DIP that I really wanted
to get modified, I also proposed a number of options for how to
do so, and I'm really worried about the consequences of this
decision.

I recognize and respect your right to make decisions as you see
fit for the language, but I really wish I could persuade you to
change your mind about this one :-)