DIP1028 - Rationale for accepting as is

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Fri May 22 06:57:25 UTC 2020

On Friday, 22 May 2020 at 01:22:19 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I have made these points before, but I'll summarize them here
> for convenient referral.
>
> [...]

Thank's for the reasoning, that should be added to the DIP
acceptance since the beginning.

Stated that we need to live with that, I'm asking you a simple
question:
What's the "official" definition of the @safe advantages that D
offers as a language?

Sometime we need to explain that to customers asking for details
about the code we wrote for them.

I would love to have a good insight detailing the promises that
the language is committed to hold, maybe trying to give me a
vision on the future ... since from now on I will stop using
"mechanical verification" at all as selling argument.