DIP 1028--Make @safe the Default--Formal Assessment

ag0aep6g anonymous at example.com
Sat May 23 22:49:14 UTC 2020

On 23.05.20 17:07, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> A fork does exist. As expected it went nowhere.
> https://bitbucket.org/larsivi/amber/wiki/Home. There is a paradox about
> forking the language - anyone good enough to lead a successful fork
> would also be wise enough to work on the D language instead.

I can only read that as you calling larsivi not "good enough to lead a
successful fork" and not "wise enough to work on the D language instead".

Walter says: "Belittling [others] [...] is unprofessional behavior."

He was refering to other people on the forum, of course. But I would
expand that to authors of other projects as well, particularly ones that
are (even) smaller than D. Punching down is not cool.