BindBC Updates: new loader function, SDL_net, streamlined SDL_* version indentifiers

Daniel C dcrep at rep.com
Sun May 24 06:39:27 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 05:15:19 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 04:16:10 UTC, Daniel C wrote:
>> On Saturday, 23 May 2020 at 19:59:51 UTC, Daniel C wrote:
>
> There should be no need to revert to VS 2010. These errors
> indicate that something in your build process or setup is
> borked.
>
> Have you tried building your app with dub and using bindbc-sdl
> as a dependency rather than doing it separately DMD? This way,
> you can ensure that everything is being compiled with the same
> options and the linker is getting the correct libraries.

I figured it out by going through the changelog for the compiler.
  From "Change Log: 2.069.0" @
https://dlang.org/changelog/2.069.0.html#link-against-vs2015

"If you don't use dmd for linking, make sure to add
legacy_stdio_definitions.lib to your command line when linking
against the VS2015 runtime."

Adding legacy_stdio_definitions.lib fixed that last problem.  The
64-bit build is working as well.. I had mistakenly put the wrong
DLL alongside it *facepalm*.  It's using the default linker for
64-bit though, so I'll need to try with the Visual Studio linker.
Now that I've figured out the rest, I think it should be trivial
though.

Obviously the legacy_stdio_definitions.lib file needs to be
documented somewhere on this site other than on a changelog.

I will probably use dub for projects in the future, but I wanted
a quick compilation option for building single-file programs
without the extra setup and structure dub entails.

Anyway, thanks for your help Mike! Without it I may have given up
on D for another year or so ;-)