DIP1028 - Rationale for accepting as is

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed May 27 10:22:35 UTC 2020

On 5/27/2020 3:06 AM, rikki cattermole wrote:
> Open to everybody and it can be recorded by Twitch.

I've done the video conferencing many times over the decades. I just don't find
it to be productive. Maybe it's some defect in me.

They usually go something like this:

"Who else is here?"
"Hello ... Hello?"
"Can anybody hear me? Is my mike working?"
"Where's Bob? Is he connected?"
"I just got my connection working again. What did I miss?"
"Bob? Bob?"
"Can someone go find Bob?"
"Can you say that again? The audio cut out."
"Bob here!"
"Hmm. We lost Bob again?"
"Fred, can you please turn off your motorcycle?"
"Bob here again! Sorry!"
"Fred? Now where's Fred? Fred?"

What has always worked best for me is a face to face over coffee and/or beer.

Which is why I'm missing DConf this year terribly.