Rationale for accepting DIP 1028 as is

Daniel Kozak kozzi11 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 08:50:44 UTC 2020

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 4:56 AM Jonathan M Davis via
Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:

> As far as I can tell, Walter understands the issues but fundamentally
> disagrees with pretty much everyone else on the issue.

I do not think so, the issue is, that there could be more people who
agree with Walter (like me),
but because we agree we do not participate.

> He seems to think
> that weakening @safe is worth doing, because it will ultimately mean that
> more code will be treated as @safe and mechnically checked by the compiler,

And I believe he is right.

> whereas most everyone else thinks that weakening @safe is unacceptable.

You make bad assumptions, who is "most everyone else"? I have only see
few  members of dlang arguing about that. But there is much bigger
community around there.

> But since Walter managed to convince Atila, the DIP has been accepted.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

So everything is OK right?