Rationale for accepting DIP 1028 as is

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Thu May 28 15:57:11 UTC 2020

Am Thu, 28 May 2020 10:50:44 +0200 schrieb Daniel Kozak:

> On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 4:56 AM Jonathan M Davis via
> Digitalmars-d-announce <digitalmars-d-announce at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> As far as I can tell, Walter understands the issues but fundamentally
>> disagrees with pretty much everyone else on the issue.
>
> I do not think so, the issue is, that there could be more people who
> agree with Walter (like me),
> but because we agree we do not participate.

You can not really assume any opinion for people who did not participate,
unless you can really prove why there's a bias. I did not participate
either and I do not agree with Walter. So now we can say the opinions of
those who did not participate in the discussion are split 50:50 ;-)

We could assume there's a slight bias of those agreeing with Walter not
responding because they don't have to actively convince anyone, as the
DIP has been accepted. But given how much negative feedbcak there is, it's
also likely people would voice their opinion to support the decision.
Really the best thing we can assume is that the opionions of those not
participating are split in the same way as the ones of those who are
participating. The strawpoll posted recently suggests that as well:
https://www.strawpoll.me/20184671/r

--
Johannes