D IDE Dexed - v3.9.0

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Fri May 29 08:04:12 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 11:33:08 UTC, notna wrote:
> On Friday, 8 May 2020 at 00:46:04 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, I'm tempted to drop official Windows support good. I
>> have an old win7 DVD but I'd prefer if someone who actually
>> uses Windows could fix this. For now let's talk here
>> https://gitlab.com/basile.b/dexed/-/issues/37, as it is very
>> specific.
>
> Thanks... seems like I was the only one interested in using it
> on Windows, so... most of the time I use VSCodium with the
> great code-d plugin by now anyhow, so I will survive also
> without dexed ;)

I've fixed it yesterday
(https://gitlab.com/basile.b/dexed/-/commit/730c2a4e6e1ae18d603d91c471bf3b6459ce7b52) using my mom's laptop ^^.
Fortunately I've found an old post from p0nce
(https://forum.dlang.org/post/mscgsclxwtjcferfxoet@forum.dlang.org) that explained in detail how to make dll on win and the error has become obvious.

> IMPORTANT: Use `export` for any call you want exported in your
> DLL!

Also in IDA the list of the exports showed nothing... that was a
huge f**ing clue.

anyway the Windows version is verified to work now.
Only thing is that a msvc140.dll might be necessary, but this is
not a dexed problem. In this case people can just get it from the
official microsoft website.