DIP 1028 "Make @safe the Default" is dead

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri May 29 20:36:12 UTC 2020

On 5/29/2020 7:22 AM, Paul Backus wrote:
> This is sad news. I was excited for @safe-by-default, and had hoped that the
> issue with extern(C) could be solved without throwing DIP 1028 away entirely.

I watched a documentary on Clive Davis (famous recording executive) the other
day. He would advise his clients, like Kenny G, Barry Manilow, etc., on how they
should arrange and position their songs.

Kenny G (famous clarinet player) said Davis recommended he add a vocal track, as
that will sell more records. KG asks are you advising, or telling me? Davis says
he's advising. KG does it his own way, and the record is a hit. KG triumphantly
tells Davis what do you think of that now? Davis replies if KG had followed his
advice, he'd have sold even more records.