DIP 1028 "Make @safe the Default" is dead

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat May 30 20:29:37 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 30 May 2020 at 20:14:04 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
>> module foo; @safe:
>
> Again, not the same. Read the full thread that you quoted above.

And even aside from inference, it doesn't actually work for most
the attributes.

@safe is the exception, it DOES descend into classes and structs.
But the others don't.

We should make this actually work for everything.

1) Make inferred_attr: NOT apply to template/auto functions.
2) Add inverse attributes for all things. (or tri-state,
true/false/null)
3) Solve the child scope problem somehow consistently.