New language based on D

Dibyendu Majumdar d.majumdar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:33:40 UTC 2020

On Friday, 13 November 2020 at 16:18:32 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:

> Why is it a waste of time? If I understand your proposal
> correctly, you will be doing more or less the same work either
> way--that is, figuring out which features and libraries still
> work with certain language features disabled. The only
> difference is whether you write up your results in a separate
> document, or incorporate them into the official documentation.

For several reasons.

My goal is to create good docs without being constrained by
existing docs (I will of course reuse what I can).

I have little time so I need to make most efficient use of it -
and not get bogged down by discussions, arguments, process.

I think it is almost certain that Laser-D docs will not fit into
the D docs model. Because my goal is make Laser-D attractive, and
that means stripping out anything that will not work in Laser-D.