New language based on D

dangbinghoo dangbinghoo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 00:58:40 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 17 November 2020 at 13:12:04 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 November 2020 at 05:50:27 UTC, dangbinghoo wrote:
>> On Friday, 13 November 2020 at 12:25:48 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
>> wrote:

>>> I think it is too early for that as my project is not yet
>>> started, and it may not have any traction. I believe that if
>>> I can create solid documentation then it might make a
>>> difference but we will see.
>>>
>>> Fortunately or not - I have limited time - so I won't be
>>> making changes to D other than very simple patches to switch
>>> off some things. I simply cannot afford to spend time on
>>> maintaining a different code base. My main focus will be to
>>> create documentation.
>>>
>>> I can probably do one thing - guarantee that the new language
>>> is a proper subset of D and that any code in laser-D is
>>> guaranteed to build with dmd, ldc, gdc.
>>
>> people want betterC, and if we can add Interface to current
>> D's (betterC) struct (which works like Rust's trait), it would
>> be more attractive! ^_^
>>
>> ----
>> binghoo dang
>
> You might find Atila Neves's tardy [1] or Jean-Louis Leroy's
> open methods [2] libraries interesting. I don't know if they
> work with betterC though.
>

> [1] https://github.com/atilaneves/tardy
> [2] https://github.com/jll63/openmethods.d

it seems that tardy is more close to this topic. and open-methods
is dispatching system for 'Normal D'. and both of them uses
keyword `interface`, and "Interfaces describe a list of functions
that a class that inherits from the interface must implement".
shows these may not work with betterC.

thanks!
----
binghoo dang