mir-stat

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 00:43:51 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 11 October 2020 at 17:35:26 UTC, 9il wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Maybe we should replace Boost with MIT for most of the Mir
> packages. What do you think?

I can't speak to the technical differences between the two. My
understanding is that MIT is more permissive than Boost, but MIT
always requires the user to include a copy notice and Boost has
an exception.

Anyway, it looks like the dstats/distrib.d file [1] is based on
MathExtra [2] that is based on Cephes [3]. The dstat file looks
like it has a 3-part BSD license, while MathExtra is MIT
licensed. Cephes seems to be copyrighted.

[1]
https://github.com/DlangScience/dstats/blob/master/source/dstats/distrib.d
[2] http://www.dsource.org/projects/mathextra
[3] https://www.netlib.org/cephes/