LDC 1.24.0-beta1

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 13:59:42 UTC 2020

On Monday, 19 October 2020 at 13:43:14 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> I'm not suggesting that this fills the need of newbies, but
> there is this: https://dlang.org/install.html.

Nobody should ever follow those terrible instructions, they leave
you so fragile in the event of future updates, takes superuser
install access, and just generally scatters crap.

If anything that page should be marked like "FOR PACKAGE
MAINTAINERS ONLY" (even then I wouldn't do it that way but at
least that's a kinda valid use case) since no end user should
ever mess with that.

Just unzip it in place. Maybe add it to your PATH if that's your
thing. But don't go scattering files, you'll regret it when it
comes update time.