LDC 1.24.0-beta1

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:21:56 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 20 October 2020 at 17:36:11 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 October 2020 at 16:08:47 UTC, aberba wrote:
>> It's an option but doesn't fill the need for an installer. Not
>> sure why its hasn't been done.
>
> See https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/1754.

 From the discussions, it seems you still don't see the value of
an installer...backing it with the idea that LDC is for
"developers". I'm a developer myself and I use installers all the
time when on Windows...there are very few people I personally
know who would go for an archive file to set it up themselves.

So not everyone is like you. The reason why I personally go for
DMD over LDC is convenience (especially when introducing D to
newbies)...even though LDC is more optimized for performance.

Unless what you guys are doing is an artificial barrier to get
others to not use it.