Symmetry Investments and the D Language Foundation are Hiring

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Wed Sep 2 11:38:26 UTC 2020

On 9/2/20 1:21 PM, drug wrote:
> On 9/2/20 1:18 PM, drug wrote:
>> it will be seldom operation. Another way is to having several hashes
>> simultaneously and select one of them depending on option value.
>
> I meant having several hashes in dub cache. Then if the user changes the
> hash algorithm dub checks calculated hashes against cached ones and
> avoids total rebuilding.

Hmm, probably I was too confident. I've implemented support for both
sha1 and sha256. It takes about  30 lines of additional code but what is
worse the code uses classes now and dynamic memory allocation. I would
avoid it. But in other it works as I expected:
```
dub build --hash=sha1
dub build --hash=sha256
```
I do not test it in big projects but building dub does not show any
difference in performance