DConf Online 2020 Submission Deadline Extended

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 09:50:44 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 5 September 2020 at 04:01:43 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Monday, 31 August 2020 at 08:36:09 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> I've received exactly one submission for DConf Online. Two
>> keynotes + one talk does not make a conference.
>>
>> So this is the last call. The deadline has been extended to
>> Sunday, September 6 AOE. This makes or breaks the conference.
>> If we don't have enough talks submitted, it ain't happening.
>>

> I've gotten one more submission. We'll need more than that.
> Let's go, folks!

hi

okay, if I'm literally the only one that's kind of problematic,
yeah. Let's see how it goes on Sunday.

I'd guess that ... like, either ultimately a structured online
conference just isn't something people are interested in or think
is useful, or the effort of recording videos poses too much of a
roadblock. You wouldn't think that flying to London would be more
effort than making a video, but it wouldn't surprise me. Or right
now maybe people are keeping their ideas for the next in-person
DConf, so if Corona keeps up we'd see more talks next year.

You know what, let's ask. Anyone here who considered submitting
but didn't, would you share why not?