Beta 2.094.0

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:06:12 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 13 September 2020 at 17:51:49 UTC, Steven
Schveighoffer wrote:
> On 9/13/20 1:25 PM, MrSmith wrote:
>> On Sunday, 13 September 2020 at 15:12:00 UTC, Steven
>> Schveighoffer wrote:
>>> The first part of the change seems disruptive. If you just
>>> fix the second part (that you can now retrieve all members of
>>> std), doesn't it fix the problem?
>>>

>> Main problem is that allMembers returns strings and you can't
>> tell if member is an import from it. If it returned aliases
>> then you could do is(m == module), etc.
>
> It's always been string, and should always be.

We should have the ability to get compiler tuple with the actual
symbols.
allMembers within type functions works that way as well, within a
type functions you don't get strings but references to the actual
things.
We should do this with a separate __trait though.
Perhaps __traits(getMembers) ?