Release D 2.094.0

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Wed Sep 30 18:38:25 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, 29 September 2020 at 13:38:58 UTC, apz28 wrote:
> On Saturday, 26 September 2020 at 21:45:09 UTC, Martin Nowak
> wrote:
>> Glad to announce D 2.094.0, ♥ to the 49 contributors.
>>
>> This release comes with faster compiler binaries (built with
>> ldc), direct git dependencies in dub, better type checking of
>> vectors, and improved template instantiation diagnostics.
>>
>> http://dlang.org/download.html
>> http://dlang.org/changelog/2.094.0.html
>>
>> -Martin
>
> Look like this build does not have ASSERT on.
> I have a VisualD project that build successfully in release but
> fail in debug without any error message - it fails in
> "semantic3" step on one of the module.

Only the version build during continuous have assert on since a
few weeks [1]. The PR that should have allowed the same in the
official release [2] has been closed by error, hence the
changelog lead to a wrong idea about the current state of assert
in the compiler itself.

[1] https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/11523
[2] https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/10679